Winter is here – and building immunity to common infections involves not only preventing pathogens from taking hold, but also moderating your immune response to invading pathogens.
Here are some of the best herbs and spices for building a strong immune system that functions correctly:
* Honeysuckle and chrysanthemum: good antivirals
* Artemisia: antimalarial
* Andrographis, aka “King of Bitters”: antiviral, and helps modulate inflammatory response
* Licorice: buffers the inflammatory response by increasing steroid output by the adrenal glands; a good buffer if your immune system is over responding to the flu.
* Tumeric: general immune system booster due to its high antioxidant capacity, and an anticancer agent as well; turmeric is 5 to 8 times stronger than vitamins C and E
* Black Pepper: Increases the bioavailability of just about all other foods, herbs and other things
* Cinnamon: powerful antimicrobial agent—found to kill E. coli and many other bacteria; also has anti-inflammatory compounds
* Cloves: Contains eugenol; its mild anesthetic benefits are useful for toothaches and sore throats; good anti-inflammatory! (a good reason for a proper chai tea!!)
Want to know what foods to eat to ensure a strong immune system? Drop me a line at email@example.com.